Instagram is one of the fastest-growing and most exciting social media platforms. It has transformed from a simple photo-sharing platform to a complete marketing channel with added features. It has launched various tools like shoppable posts, advanced analytics, business accounts, stories, reels, IGTV, and other new ways to increase users. After Facebook, it is the second most accessed social media network with over one billion active users monthly and 500 million daily stories on Instagram. As per Oberlo statistics, about 71% of US businesses use Instagram for marketing. Some interesting facts about the Instagram platform make it a perfect place for businesses to create viral products, such as:
- 1 billion active monthly users
- 500 million daily stories
- Second-largest social media network
- Average users browsing is 53 minutes per day
- About 45% of users on Instagram are between 18 and 44 years of age.
- Nearly 90% of Instagram users follow at least one business.
- Approximately 83% of Instagram users discovered a new product service on Instagram.
Instagram is not limited to personal use and has become a global platform allowing brands to reach the maximum consumers through content, showcase products, hire new talent, and inspire audiences. Customer engagement on Instagram is higher than that on the other platforms. Approximately 59% of Instagram users frequently visit this site and spend several hours interacting with brands and friends and browsing content. Ecommerce, education, publishing, and media businesses have grown tremendously in the past few years with viral product posts on Instagram.
Creating Viral Products on Instagram
Instagram has a visual nature providing enormous opportunities for businesses to showcase their products. It can be done through regular photos, stories, videos, and even reels as a marketing campaign. Recent studies reveal that approximately 72% of Instagram users make purchase decisions after seeing something on Instagram. Some of the most popular product categories on Instagram are clothing, shoes, makeup, and jewellery.
Marketing teams keep looking for ways to go viral on Instagram with their products and services. With a wide range of audiences and higher engagement on the platform, Instagram can help you go viral with products with your large or small, local or global business. Though each Instagram post/reel/video has no potential to go viral, there are some tips to create viral product ideas on Instagram, as discussed below:
- Decide content for your business:
Being a visual platform, you need to create visually interesting and attractive viral content relevant to your business to post on Instagram. It is essential to voice your brand through your content, such as viral memes, reels, industry trends, and current events. Another important criterion for creating viral product posts on Instagram is deciding the target audience. The content should resonate with the target audience, which can be done by using trending ideas in your content.
- Use tags:
While creating a customer base through followers, it is important to use trending and relevant hashtags, reposts, geotags, and other relevant accounts helping go the content viral along with a growing audience. For example, it is seen that posts with hashtags perform better than other posts, as many people come across new content through hashtags. Sometimes, geotagging (1) is helpful for businesses, as people discover unique boutiques, independent restaurants, or outlets through geographical markets. Another strategy to go viral with product posts is tagging or reposting featured content from an account with huge followers. Public figures such as influencers and celebrities feature particular products on their account. Reposting these posts can make the product viral with followers.
- Plan marketing strategy:
It is important to plan and strategize your content on Instagram before starting to post. The following T’s can help in the planning:
- Target: You need to decide why you want to post on Instagram and what you want to achieve from these posts. Brand awareness, lead generation, and increased followers can be some of the targets behind Instagram posts. Based on the target, a product post needs to be created to reach potential customers and direct sales.
- Timeline: To be popular among the audience, you need to be consistent with your campaigns and interesting posts. It helps engage potential customers with your brand and increases customer loyalty toward your product. For example, businesses posting regular product content can experience significant rises in the business and sometimes viral products with unique features.
- Total spend: To create marketing campaigns and reach the maximum number of relevant customers, one needs to pay on the Instagram platform. It targets people with similar interests, browsing history, purchasing history, and even accounts connected to such people. The probability of creating viral products increases by targeting the maximum number of people on Instagram.
- Learn about your audience:
Product posts can be successful if it understands exactly what the audience looks for, how they interact, and who they trust. Post analysis can help understand audience behaviour, engagement, and leads generated through a particular post. These results can help strategize the following campaigns and increase post engagement. Connected influencers play an important role in increasing trust in your products. Thus, posting through influencers can increase audiences’ interest in your products.
Moreover, other ways to create viral products on Instagram include creating a message (having a voice, an angle, the right reason, etc.), promoting on all channels, and developing short, memorable, uncommon, related, but simple hashtags. Running contests among followers is one of the easiest ways to go viral on Instagram.
Being the second-largest social media platform, Instagram is an excellent opportunity for businesses to go viral with products. Join Select Membership Today to learn and upskill about it and go viral with products on Instagram.
You can read career-related blogs too –