Due to the progress and complexity of supply chain operations because of globalisation, businesses are increasingly adopting analytical standards to enhance their decision-making capabilities and supply chain management efficiency. A company’s supply chain management must respond to changes as rapidly as possible to participate in a competitive market and improve quality. When catering to ever-changing client requirements, a well-functioning supply chain assures timely fulfilment of goods and services.
Supply chain management benefits the company by increasing profit margins, lowering costs, and increasing employee productivity, among other things. As a result, companies are continually looking for employees who have completed supply chain management certifications and want to work in the industry.
Why Choose A Career In Supply Chain Management?
Careers for supply chain management qualified people are expected to increase by 30% in the next ten years, according to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics data. This field offers a wide range of job opportunities, making it a suitable alternative for people seeking a variety of career options after finishing supply chain certifications and degrees. The following are some of the reasons why supply chain management is a good career choice:
- Job growth: As a result of globalisation, the logistics and supply chain fields have grown in importance, as has the demand for supply chain management expertise. This career has a lot of potential because any company, domestic or worldwide, needs a supply chain management expert to handle logistics, procurement, and other tasks.
- High pay: Supply chain managers are among the highest-paying positions in the world. According to Glassdoor, the average income for a supply chain manager is roughly 12 lakh.
- Easy entry: Without a master’s degree, supply chain workers can easily find high-paying jobs. Although some professions may require graduate schooling or other advanced training, most people can find work in supply chain management after finishing basic knowledge through top supply chain certifications.
Benefits Of Pursuing Supply Chain Certifications
Supply chain management certifications allow you to upskill your supply chain knowledge, learn about current market trends and scenarios, and expand your professional management abilities. As a result, obtaining a supply chain certification might boost your earnings potential and job acceptance chances. Some firms may even make supply chain certifications a requirement for applying for jobs in that industry. Following are the various benefits of pursuing a supply chain management certification from a reputed institution.
- International recognition: Supply chain certifications from industry experts and councils are recognised by top global organisations and MNCs. Certifications recognised internationally make it easier to advance in this field and work for a multinational organisation.
- Job opportunities: Completing supply chain certifications opens doors to a variety of work opportunities in the supply chain industry. You can easily apply to any of the following job roles in supply chain management after completing top supply chain management certifications:
- Purchase Head
- Commodity Head
- Supply Chain Manager
- Distribution Manager
- Planning Manager
- Business Analyst
- Director of Logistics Management
- Storage and Distribution Manager
- Global Procurement Manager
- Well-informed decisions
As the global supply chain gets increasingly complex, the requirement for well-researched judgments has become vital. A well-informed selection will aid your organisation in achieving its profit margin and sales targets. People who have earned a supply chain certification can see issues in decision-making and take advantage of market data-driven insights. Therefore, businesses are always searching for persons who have supply chain certifications and can use market trends and data to help decision-making.
- System implementation
You will be able to use the latest technologies and benefit from understanding how to integrate this new technology into an organisation’s present systems and procedures if you complete supply chain certifications. It aids in deploying effective systems, helping businesses make the most of technological advancements and improving supply chain efficiency.
Top Certifications For Supply Chain Working Professionals
Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) by APICS
Through their recently created Association for Supply Chain Management (ASCM), the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) delivers supply chain management certifications for working professionals. You may demonstrate to the employer that you understand contemporary supply chain management techniques, technologies, and concepts by earning the Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) certification. You must have three years of relevant business experience, a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university, or a CLTD, CTL, CPM, CIRM, or other similar certification to take the CSCP exam. Certified Supply Chain Professionals (CSCP) holders work in the following industries:
- Management Consultancy
- Government, and more
Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) by APICS
Another APICS supply chain certification is Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), which lets you demonstrate that you are operations and planning specialist with an understanding of forecasting, managerial management, production planning, and more. You must pass two tests in three years to acquire the Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) certification: CPIM Part 1 and CPIM Part 2. Part 1 of CPIM focuses on supply chain principles, while Part 2 delves into the planning, managing, and scheduling of operations and resources.
Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) by ISM
The Institute of Supply Management is one of the best places in the world to get supply chain management certification. Top firms and enterprises all around the world acknowledge its certificates. The Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) exam covers key supply chain ideas and subjects. You must have at least three years of supply chain management experience to sit for the certification examinations. After accumulating relevant expertise to acquire the CPSM certification, you must pass three distinct tests.
The demand for supply chain managers with the required knowledge has increased as supply chain management continues to expand and change rapidly. According to a TOI report, the easiest way to stay future-ready is to upskill throughout the supply chain, so what are you waiting for? Enroll in top supply chain certifications and study advanced supply chain skills to help you earn more pay and enhance your career.
For such amazing management tips, latest management trends, and top certifications, join our Seekho Select Membership to learn Supply Chain Management now and become our Seekho Select Member, you can also download our app.
You can also read more blogs –